Today is when I turn off my lights and sit in the dark for an hour at 8:30 to 9:30. Why you may ask? While I do have a liking for the dark when I'm attempting to sleep or get away from BRIGHT THINGS THAT MAKE MY HEAD POUND, today is the day of Earth Hour!
It's exciting.
So I've got my candles already set and ready to go. It's also kind of rainy and just 'bleh' outside, so I assume I would need candles anyway. Candles make a relaxed atmosphere, which rain kind of washes away.
Atmosphere being described as "a place is the general impression that you get of it". And if it's relaxing, it'd be an impression of RELAXATION! I don't know I went that far with that particular thought.
I woke up rather late today. I was shocked when I turned my head to my alarm clock thing: 2:33PM! What?! How could I sleep THAT late? I was surprised myself. All I did last night was read articles on Wikipedia and Encyclopedia Dramatica (which took an hour + out of my life), but still. You'd think I wouldn't waste my day away. >.>
I started to work on my essay, with preparations of my arguments like I would preparing for a debate. I don't know why I did this, but I got a lot more work done that I normally would. (I.E: I got my general points made up.) I got distracted by my library card, though. My fines at the moment are $30 dollars. That's ridiculous. Apparently I don't have the ability to return things on time. But I already knew that; common knowledge about Possum is well known to everyone (in my life).
I have to renew my library card. But because I don't even LIVE in the city where I go to school and BUY stuff, I have to PAY a FEE to USE the LIBRARY. That's ridiculous! Well, because I'm eighteen, you're allowed to get a card for free, but before I go about doing that, I have to pay my fines. I hate that. It's too much work. But I mean, it's my fault for not even returning the books on time, so I understand.
I just hate when fines accumulate. It's annoying.
Anyway, one of the features they have on the MY LIBRARY CARD section or whatever, is that you're allowed to see a limited reading history you have. Aka: What books you took out of the library. Looking over mine, I've got a LOT of Meg Cabot books. It's exciting, believe me. I've also got Sarah Dessen, Maureen Johnson, and randomly enough, John Green. I don't even remember reading a John Green novel before BEDA, but apparently I read An Abundance of Katherines. Or at least took it out of the library. Odd! Looking over the first few pages of my copy now, it's familiar. I just remember that I stopped reading it after the first chapter. Ooh, bad. I wonder why, though.
Probably because I had 50 other books to read! (Yes, in my one time take out of 50 books, there is a RECORD of those 50 books.) I was going to show you the list, but I don't know. If you're curious enough, just ask. (I know you probably will, Leah.) So yeah. Libraries are amazing, and I just wish I am able to go to them more often without a worry of money.
Which is ironic, because of the BEST THINGS about libraries is they're normally free.
Consequences of being a procrastinator of returning things, and living outside of city limits.
Curses.
- Possum
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm asking! Will you give me a list of the books? There!
ReplyDelete30 dollars is ridiculous! But I can definitely understand how that could happen. Like this book I have out right now from my school library. It needs to be turned in. BUT it sucks that you have to PAY A FEE!!! That's so lame!
I instant messaged you because yahoo said you were on. But apparently it's Earth Hour! So I'll have to wait until 9:30, which is cool. I should probably work on homework anyway. Enjoy your hour of non-electricity (even though you won't see this until AFTER the hour).