Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The memories of grade nine

My feet hurt. I forgot how much I really hate my shoes. *looks at them with disdain* Garh.

Today it was just another one of those days. I knocked a bunch of yearbooks off their shelf today. That was embarrassing. I could feel my face turning red but, lovely enough, nobody came to see what was a-happening. Whoot?

Exactly.

I did see my dad's old high school. I was searching through to see if I could spot him, but I guess I got the years wrong. My dad was curious enough: "Did you find my yearbook?!" No, I didn't. I looked, though. I was also searching through the yearbook for my old school, so I could maybe spot an old teacher. I DID! I found my science teacher. She was young and not even married yet! WEIRD! That was all, though. I miss that school. RIP HILLCREST.

But to go back to those days, I give you a lovely SURVEY from the grade nine fantastic times. ENJOY~

PSST! You should also do it too! IN the comments, if you wish!

--

THINK BACK TO 9TH GRADE, BUT IF YOU ARE IN 9TH GRADE PLEASE DON'T DO IT. THERE'S NO FUN IN IT THEN.

Let's see how much you remember...

Who was your homeroom teacher?
First semester: Mrs. Lucas.
Second: *thinks* Uh... Mr. D'Angelo.

Who were your best friends?
Summer, Carole, Amber. Oy!

Who did you "go out" with?
Nobody.

Did you have a crush on anyone?
I did, I did. That was embarrassing.

Did you buy your lunch?
A couple times I would buy something. Usually a wrap... Yum! Now they're just gross with their cup of dressing. EW!

Did you skip?
No, I did not! Well, I did skip ONCE first semester. But that has no meaning because my DAD was supposed to pick me up. I just had no patience in waiting. Fail. But I did skip second semester, too. I went to Tim Hortons and got an iced cap. Oooh the times of my scandalous life.

Did you get suspended?
No. I don't GET suspended, yo. *knocks on wood*

What was your favorite class?
English, I guess.

What was your schools name?
Hillcrest.

If you could go back to freshman year would you?
No! I would rather just be DONE with high school, kthxbai.

Where did you sit at lunch?
In the cafeteria on the end of the second bench on the right side. Usually, yes. Sometimes I'd be a nerd and go to the change rooms early and read ALONE. And then I'd hear a bunch of girls smoking and being awesome. *thumbs up*

Was there a smoking lounge?
In the change room for the more illegal forms of smoking habits? Smokers hanged out by the doors! Grr, that was annoying to get through them.

Who was your science teacher?
Mrs. Robinson / Mr. Caldbick.

Who was your English teacher?
Ms. Barnes.

School Mascot?
COLTS. Yes. COLTS!

Describe your outfits:
Usually jeans and a sweater.

Where did you work?
I didn't work until the summer.

Did you even have a cell phone?
I did, I did. Weirdly enough, too.

What's your most memorable moments
Doing this WICKED magazine assignment in grade nine English. I was so proud of it.

Did you make any lifelong friendships?
No.

How long ago was it?
I was in grade nine like four years ago.

What color was your frosh team?
Hm... I didn't HAVE a frosh team.

Favorite teacher?
I liked both of my tech teachers.

Least favorite teacher?
My gym teacher. She was IN-TENSE!

Locker combo?
I don't remember that. -__- I still have the lock around, though. I think I just need to be in front of it and channel my inner memory.

Art or Music, Tech or Business?
I took music and tech, but I like business and hate art.

Locker or Backpack?
I had both. My locker was YELLOW!

Yearbook?
I have it. It's in my room somewhere.

Average?
Between the high 70s and mid 80s.

Sports/ Extra-curricular activities?
ZERO. =D

--

Well, that was a bit of useless information for you regarding my grade nine high school days. Enjoy that, now! I'd like to hear about yours, too!

- Possum

2 comments:

  1. Hah...fun survey! I think I will DO IT quite soon! Perhaps during BEDA! Or maybe just someday when I feel the urge to do a blog! Oh, yeah! haha

    Oh, and I'm sorry about your aching feet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who was your homeroom teacher?
    My school didn't have homeroom.

    Who were your best friends?
    Hm... I had the same best friend throughout high school. She went by her middle name rather than her first, had blonde hair, and experimented with a lot of drugs. She was also insanely smart.

    Who did you "go out" with?
    No one.

    Did you have a crush on anyone?
    YES! I had a crush on this guy who was a little overweight and an idiot, but kind of funny. He ended up dating my neighbor, who lived just down the street, and knocking her up.

    Did you buy your lunch?
    I didn't usually eat lunch, but when I did, I bought the french fries and dipped them in ranch dressing. So unhealthy, but SO yummy.

    Did you skip?
    No.

    Did you get suspended?
    No.

    What was your favorite class?
    I remember really liking my history class. I cannot remember if that was due to the subject matter or the teachers, however. (I had a different history teacher each semester & they were both AWESOME teachers.)

    What was your schools name?
    A lady never reveals all of her secrets. And neither do I.

    If you could go back to freshman year would you?
    No. I hated high school, and freshman year was no exception.

    Where did you sit at lunch?
    Often, my friends and I sat outside for lunch, this being a new and exciting experience not heretofore allowed in that boring dungeon of a middle school.

    Was there a smoking lounge?
    Yeah, right. My high school was heavy on rules & regulations.

    Who was your science teacher?
    A fun man with a beard.

    Who was your English teacher?
    A pregnant bitch with short blonde hair

    School Mascot?
    It was medieval - a knight with a lance.

    Describe your outfits:
    It depended on the weather. When I was in ninth grade, the school had yet to install an adequate air conditioning system. In the hot months - and they were very hot - girls wore short shorts and tank tops. In the cold months, everyone wore jeans and sweatshirts.

    Where did you work?
    I didn't get a job until my junior year of high school. I did a community service gig helping out at an elementary school function. I was supposed to paint faces, but I don't think they had face paint, so I ended up sitting at a table pretty much doing nothing, if I recall correctly.

    Did you even have a cell phone?
    No. I didn't get a cell until I started driving on my own, at 16.

    What's your most memorable moments
    Studying for my first midterms. I was so sure I was going to do poorly - then I aced them.

    Did you make any lifelong friendships?
    No.

    How long ago was it?
    Too long.

    What color was your frosh team?
    I don't recall having a "color" designated to our class.

    Favorite teacher?
    Both of my history teachers.

    Least favorite teacher?
    My choir teacher.

    Locker combo?
    I'm too old to remember this.

    Art or Music, Tech or Business?
    In ninth grade, I was in show choir.

    Locker or Backpack?
    I had a backpack, but we weren't allowed to bring it into our classrooms. I just used it to haul homework to and from school.

    Yearbook?
    Yes. Somewhere at my parents' house.

    Average?
    I think it was between a 3.7 - 3.9.

    Sports/ Extra-curricular activities?
    No sports. I was in show choir. I also took dance classes for half of the year - tap, jazz, ballet (including Cecchetti III) & lyrical - but dropped out due to drama.

    Like my LONG comment, Possum?

    ReplyDelete