Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Fa-fa-friend.

I fell asleep after school and now I'm not tired.

Seriously.

Considering I didn't even go to bed until late last night, I feel like today will be the exact same, now. Gr! Why do Mugglecast podcasts have to be so awesome, anyway?

(What isn't awesome is listening to the Help Haiti one, and having to hear OTHER Harry Potter podcasts that are horrible. It physically hurt me to listen through one segment/show.)

Speaking of Harry Potter, today my friend came to see me at co-op and it was all "HEY!" I couldn't stop talking to her. Seriously for an hour we were chit chatting and I think my boss was getting a tad frustrated? Yes, exactly. I was still doing my work, albeit quicker to get back to her, but still. I think that was the most he's ever seen me talk.

Among the conversations we had, there was mention of Infinitus, the Harry Potter convention thing-y. We both were getting excited at the prospect of going, but reality always has to hit: School.

Why is school so expensive? If they want people to LEARN, shouldn't they make it CHEAPER? That's obviously the most basic argument one can make about tuition prices, by the way.

So today was fun in that sense. I bought a book for my AMERICAN TWIN, that my boss judged me on! He was all "an autobiography of two housecats... Really?" I felt I needed to explain it wasn't for me, but it was too long of an explanation, so I kind of just ran out of the store as fast as I could. Seriously! YOU COULD HEAR HIS JUDGMENT IN HIS VOICE!

I hate when people do that for books. Although I do that for Twilight, it's an entirely different thing!

Ha.

So my ear is starting to be a tad lame, and I'm all "booooooooo!" Because who doesn't boo their own body when it's like "SHUT DOWN!"? Yes. I know.

- Possum

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You bought the book for me! I'm sorry you got judged for it though! That is always my greatest fear in buying books. Like I'll get up there with whatever I'm getting and they'll be all..."Reeeeaaaallllyyyy?" And I'll be like, "Yes," and scurry away. And it sounds like that's what happened to you! I'm sorry! You should've just told him about me! Maybe he was JEALOUS that you would talk to Alana (just assuming that's who came in and spoke to you...am I right??) and not to him! Or possibly not! haha

    There is ANOTHER HP podcast that you should listen to. I do not like it as much, BUT they interviewed Jo!!!! Yes, the one who wrote Harry Potter! haha But it's Pottercast. So you could just download THOSE episodes on not the rest if you don't like them as well as Mugglecast (which really...what can compare to the AWESOME of mugglecast??).

    I hope your ear stops being lame! Also, get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who works in a video store part time, I've got to say that at least you weren't buying porn (even though the titles do tend to be hilarious) or trying to steal a Playboy.

    Furthermore, if your boss is being condescending about something he hasn't read (which is what this situation sounds like) then he's being narrow minded.

    ReplyDelete