It was a nice spring day today. Considering yesterday was the first day of spring, I expect thing. I DEMAND THIS! In actuality, living in Ontario, Canada in the country, spring is usually filled with snow days and snow on the ground until mid-May. I guess you could say spring doesn't really exist in my location. However, it does half an hour away from my house, in the city. It gets so nice there, it's like "I'm gonna hang out!" As that's just how it goes, yo.
But this year, the snow is gone, and it's nice out. I love it. Not to say that snow can't fall in the following weeks--which I have to admit, it's going to happen--I'm still happy.
So this all leads to what I did today. I was using the hammock as a swing, and started to just go swinging. And then I started to shout out some spells from Harry Potter (as one does) and imagine I was having this epic battle. It was really fun! It ended with my epic shouting of "AVADA KEDAVRA!" because you know what? I follow Bellatrix's advice: I MEAN it. So that was fun. An invisible battle with some wizards. Or wizard, in my case.
At this point in time, my brother comes outside and we have this attempt of when I'm swinging, he attempt to hug. And then shake hands. And then fist bump it. ALL WHILE SWINGING! It's great. I'm surprised neither of us really got punched in the face.
After that, we went back to the "old days" and played hide and go seek. I have to say, my dogs REALLY give away my location! The first time around, I did the dangerous root, and hid under my dad's truck. Haha, yeah, don't do that. Sidney was good enough to just sit there with me though, and not go running when my brother went by. But then, something happened. I was spotted. Don't wear a BRIGHT ORANGE JACKET when you're playing hide and go seek. It's just a little bout of common sense for you!
Speaking of truck, last night I was reading some MLIA stories and came across one talking about writing on a truck. Because you know when your vehicle gets really dirty and mucky, you can write stuff on it? Well, I found one story ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS! So I was waiting for my mom to get up, so I could present her with it. She laughed, and said to go ahead. So I went outside at like 6 this morning, and wrote on my dad's truck: I wish my wife was this dirty!
He didn't like it. Actually, he went to go get to cleaned, AND when it didn't come off, he made me wipe it off. At first he didn't get it, but then he did, and he said it just wasn't funny. I thought it was hilarious. It could've been my lack of sleep, but whatever. My mom told me "I'm not offended by it" but whatever.
At least SHE got the humor. I just wanted to make someone laugh when they saw it like I did at the MLIA! Curses, father. Curses.
- Possum
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Haha...your day sounds pretty awesome! Duels against imaginary wizards are always fun! As is swinging. AND hide and go seek. Too bad about the dogs and the orange jacket giving you away though...haha.
ReplyDeleteHah...I thought it was funny, too! But my mom has told us that we MUST NEVER WRITE ON HER CAR NO MATTER HOW DIRTY IT IS! So I would not do it to her or my dad. As that would be BAD.
Update about my life: Rain is POUNDING against the windows! Yes, it's intense.