For the next month, I'll be writing TWO blog posts a day. One for this lovely place, and one for another AWESOME place. I will not try and double post them, though. As I mean, would that be exciting? No, it wouldn't be.
Today, there will be a random memory from my childhood that my mom told me about a few days ago:
My mom took my siblings, cousins and myself for a walk when we were younger. Since we live in the country, there are animals about. Not to the extreme where we see deer just prancing around our backyard, but enough where it's a BIG DEAL when a bear decides to scare our dogs. Yes. Anyway, back to the walk: We were walking to a bridge that's down my road, and having a blast! Well, I don't know for sure, as I cannot even remember, but I imagine so. And what do we spot?! Bunnies! Little baby bunnies. Now, before my mom can even react, we've picked them up and were cooing over them.
My mom mentioned at this point that she was surprised we were even able to catch them, as they were quite fast. Which I have to agree with her, because whoah, rabbits = fast! Common knowledge, no?
Anyway, in the end, my dog grabbed the rabbits from our hands and killed them. Of course, we were shocked, and started to freak out. My mom said she had a LOT OF TROUBLE to calm us down. As the things we were just petting DIED! I mean, there was six of us, crying. I imagine my mom was over her head a bit. But she got us calmed down in the end, because to this day, I don't cry when I see a rabbit. I just think they're cute.
Not traumatized? CA-CHING!
My mom said she didn't even think it was a good idea for us to pick up the bunnies, as the parents would've been all ?? about that. She didn't even see the parents around either. She even said if the dog didn't kill them, she would've let us keep them as pets! Opportunity lost, let me tell you. You don't know how long I wanted a pet rabbit.
Somehow, my parents always spoiled that dream. So yes, disappointing.
Anyway, as per suggested, here are the links that had me distracted:
Twilight:
New Moon:
Eclipse:
It's the script, if it was more straight forward: =) Enjoy.
- Possum
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ah! Seriously traumatizing! You probably repressed the memory!
ReplyDeleteAND. Those scripts are HILARIOUS! Thanks for the links!