After co-op today, my sister and I were sitting in the mall. She was on her laptop, and I was cooing over the cuteness that is Henry Green on some videos on my ipod. (I was also downloading some podcasts, but not relevant to the story.) All of a sudden, I sense my sister GLANCE UP. And I turn around, expecting my dad. Because my dad was supposed to come pick us up, so I could be home tonight to watch Glee. Yes, the only reason my dad came to pick me up today was so I could be home for Glee. Ain't that lovely? Yes. All the commercials that hyped up this return even went to HIS head. But not too much, because he would never watch it.
ANYWAY.
It wasn't my dad who sat beside me! It was some RANDOM GUY. And I was like *stare* because I was SHOCKED at this turn of events. WHO WAS HE? I don't know! I turn to my sister for some sort of recognition, but I didn't get any either. I turn back to the stranger.
"Do you like to party?" And then it hit me: THE SMELL. He smelled of alcohol to the EXTREME. I later find out why (he was drinking since 10 that morning), but I was kind of confused. Yes, I am a naive child. So my sister, who was BRAVE and did the talking, said no. And then I sit there and shake my head, because c'mon, party? Only if it has a bowl of chips and a movie!
Hah, actually, I WOULD LOVE to watch a movie right now, but whatever.
The weird thing was, he KEPT ON TOUCHING MY BAG! Like 'how much did this cost?' and I'm like "... not that much" because it wasn't, and he was like "what, one 24?" and I DIDN'T GET THE JARGON HE WAS USING! Until my sister later told me he meant a case of beer. Oh.
So he asked our age, names and school status, he was like "how much credits do you have?" and when I said 30, he was like "oh wow. I have zero." And I'm all "..." And my sister was all "GO BACK TO SCHOOL! STOP DRINKING!" but in a NICE way, but he was all "no! What, so I can buy stuff like that (her laptop), that (my ipod) or this (my bag)?" and my sister was all "no, so you can get a good job".
"WHY? I already have a job."
"Where do you work?"
"On the streets."
... Yeah.
And so my sister said there are BENEFITS to have a job. And he went "like what?" And she said "traveling, meeting new people" and he went "I do travel. I AM meeting new people, like you two." And I was all "GO AWAY!" (except not) because he was making me NERVOUS! And when I later told my dad this story, he said I should've just told a security guard.
Did I mention he was creepy and kept on touching my bag?
ANYWAY!
He asked AGAIN if we liked to party, and I said no. And my sister said no. And he was like "WHY?" Like he couldn't comprehend WHY someone wouldn't drink. Or do drugs. "You don't even do drugs, either?" And we shook our heads. And he pointed to ME, and said "she probably does drugs" and for some reason, I felt nervous, so I wanted to start laughing. (WRONG THING!) And so my sister said "NO, she doesn't do drugs. I know my sister" etc. And he went "what about him?" aka: The guy sitting at the NEXT table over.
And my sister said "no, he doesn't do drugs either". And the guy went "HEY, YOU! DO YOU DO DRUGS?" and this is what I said: "LEAVE HIM ALONE! HE DOESN'T DO DRUGS! STOP TALKING" And apparently I yelled it, because my sister was like O.O and the guy (and the random guy next to me) went O.O
So the guy FINALLY got the idea that my sister and I DIDN'T WANT HIM THERE.
So he left.
But I was like "!!"
And that's an odd experience in my life.
- Possum
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hate it when people do rude things like that. I get really mad when people make me feel uncomfortable.
ReplyDeleteWay to be assertive and stand up for that stranger at the other table! haha