Legasp! I didn't write an entry yesterday! I know, it's not really cool. But I'm still in my right, so it's not that bad. I felt bad about it, but what can you do?
(The reason why I didn't blog was that when I got home, my dad went on the computer, so I couldn't shimmy on.)
SO!
It's Wednesday! And the weird thing is that I'm not writing this when I'm at home, watching Criminal Minds. First off, I'm not even home, but at the mall, and secondly, I can't even watch Criminal Minds anymore.
Why you may ask?
WELL! I'll tell you, dear one. You see, I live in the country. And when you live in the country, you're sort of giving up some stuff. I.e.: Being near people you like, delivery on meals, etc. So! Another thing you give up is FAST INTERNET and cable! I think those two go hand in hand? Anyway! The jest of it all is that I don't have cable. I don't even have a satellite dish to watch television on! My family used to have one, but I broke it (long story...) so my parents just decided to never get it fixed.
Although come January, they'll pretty much be forced to get a dish. Not by the government or anything, but by their KIDS! As I'm thinking of staying home for school, thus living at home, I'll be paying a rent (of sorts). In that payment, I will require some stuff that I could've got at a dorm. They want me to stay home, so they will HAVE me staying home. I don't even think my parents expect me to pay rent, but I feel that I should.
ANYWAY, back to the point: I only get THREE channels. Well, four if you count the French channel. Therefore, there are a limited number of shows I can WATCH in that three channel radius. So you have may guessed, before I was able to watch Criminal Minds. Well, of course! But one of the stations (two of them owned by the SAME guy) decided to switch carriers or whatever they used. Before I was able to watch shows on CTV--like Criminal Minds and CSI--but now they're using Global. Now, Global isn't that bad in the sense of I'm now able to watch The Simpsons on Sunday evenings (again), and Glee when it comes back on (although I did that in the last station), I don't get my favorite criminal shows.
Actually, I don't even get any tv shows I like. It makes television boring. Although it's nice to be able to watch House and Bones a lot during the week! Haha... But again, I could've did that with the last station too.
So there you have it. I'm not doing what I'd normally be doing when I write this entry. Any questions?
- Possum
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
THREE CHANNELS?!?!?!?!?!?! *swoons due to shock* I get 70ish here at school and, like, 900 or something at home. HOW DO YOU LIVE?!??! And DIAL UP. Julia, you are practically living in THE STONE AGE. And you know what's funny? I live in TENNESSEE. According to stereotypes, *I* should be the one living without cable and Internet and anyone but my cousins to marry (although I THINK you have options other than cousins).
ReplyDelete