Today when my mom and I were leaving the mall, this guy was smoking by the door. Now, I don't know if it's illegal where you live, but smoking is not allowed in buildings. This guy was also bellowing (yes, bellowing) "I am the law. I am above the law." I guess because he was smoking inside. All I could do was go -_- because even if you're above the law, you're not supposed to be smoking inside! There was a lady with her BABY right there.
Anyway.
Today was my first day at my co-op placement. As I told Leah I would talk about it, here it goes: I put my jacket away, I made a map of the store, put some price/stamps in books, put said books on shelves (hey, historical romance!) and organized the young adult section. YES! I DID! It was AWESOME, let me tell you! There was so much Cabot books, I felt like I was in heaven. Sure, I wasn't reading the books, but I was near them.
I cannot wait until the day when I can say "this book is good" and the person will buy it. I mean, I do this quite frequently at Chapters and Coles, but if I'm actually at a placement of a location where I'm learning, that's even more awesome! I think so, anyways.
Ha. But I find the simplest things awesome.
Like dare I mention the chocolate I bought today? YEAH. Because all the chocolates for Valentine's Day was on sale, my mom and I picked some up. =) It's yummy stuff, let me tell you.
On a not-so-personal note, today is Pancake Tuesday! And as one who celebrates Pancake Tuesday, I had pancakes tonight. They were simply divine. Although I didn't like the way I put the syrup and such on them. Sigh. But on a personal note, tomorrow is Ash Wednesday.. While I'm not overly religious, I do like giving something up for lent. I don't know what though...
Haha, I'll think about that tonight.
- Possum
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
If you give up the Internet, I will NOT be happy. So don't give up the Internet. haha
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like your co-op thing went well! It sounds REALLY AWESOME! I want to be in a bookstore all the time! How awesome! It was awesome when I worked in the school library last year but less so because their books were sometimes lacking in awesome. Yeah. ALTHOUGH...I would but TONS of books at a book store. I know I keep saying this, but it's so true! I don't know how you can just LOOK at the Cabot books. *stares in admiration*
I'm excited for the day when you get to suggest something awesome, too!
And...I keep hearing pancakes this year. I'd never heard it before. And now I want IHOP...haha.
Oh, and UNCOOL of that guy! You should've gotten security or something!