Thursday, February 25, 2010

Yeah yeah!

Today I got acceptance letters to Sault College. Have I ever told you I was indecisive? Because I am. Seriously. When I got the letter, and read information on the school, I was like: "THIS IS THE PLACE TO BE!" My mom however, wasn't happy.

Although the letters I got were conditional. Apparently I should be taking COLLEGE ENGLISH, but I'm all ARGHHH! Because I took university English, and that doesn't count. So I have to go shimmy into my guidance counselors office ASAP and see what's a-happening with that. If I can't go because of that, I'm going to slap myself upside the head.

So the programs I did get accepted into (kind of) was Child and Youth Worker, and their General Arts and Sciences Program -- Liberal Studies. Or something like that. The liberal studies just leads into teaching, that will allow me to GO TO SCHOOL IN THE US OF A! Yes! So I'll be able to teach there!

(Although Leah, I know you're getting all excited, but... In Michigan. Not Tennessee.)

I'm really kind of excited for the liberal studies program. I mean, it's general, so I'll be able to take some classes that will actually allow me to decide WHAT programs I can go into, and such. But!

There is always a BUT.

The room I'd have to get in residence is a double. Yes, a double. I won't be able to get a single, as it's like a grand more. And my mom already is all !!!!!!! Because of my poor status.

As she really wants me to go to school here, at home. I was kind of warming to the idea, but with Sault in the picture, I'm all !! Yeah.

So today there was a REALLY STUPID MOMENT. I missed my bus for co-op today. I was walking, getting ready to cross the street when BAM! A bus just goes by. I was all ... I mean, I didn't know if it was MY bus. It was there early! So I assumed it was ANOTHER bus. But honestly, it wasn't. Another girl was late too, so we just waited together. For a good amount of time. I got to co-op around 1:19. Although they didn't mind too much, because I'm usually early. So that was nice of them not to spaz out or anything. ^__^

Yay!

On to the STUPID moment: Today as we were waiting for the bus, a vehicle full of girls on the opposite street yelled something at us. They said, and I quote: "You girls are so fat!" Seriously? All I could do was shake my head. I mean, what the hell? Who YELLS that at people? Sure, I'm not a size two, but that's no reason to shout things at me. Anyway, I am well aware that I'm "fat".

There is no need to tell me that driving by.

- Possum

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA...you were right!!! I did get all excited!! But at least shipping things to Michigan is easier than shipping things to Canada...haha.

    Congrats on getting into Sault! I am so proud of my Canadian twin!

    UGH...I want to slap those girls! FOR REAL?!?! Who DOES junk like that??

    A double? That means a ROOMMATE. How...uhh...exciting?

    Anyway, at least you're decisive about being indecisive. And just remember what the wise Ellie Linton said, "At least changing your mind shows that you're thinking. I'll only stop changing my mind when I'm dead," or something like that. I probably shouldn't put things into quotes if they are not ACTUAL quotes...just almost quotes...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!

    Michigan - I miss Michigan. Would you be going to Ann Arbor, perhaps?

    Don't let stupid, catty girls get to you. I don't think you're fat. Sure, I've never physically met you, and the only picture I've seen of you is on this blog, but I'm PSYCHIC & psychics can sense corpulence. Or something.

    What was I talking about? ;)

    ReplyDelete