I don't know where I'm going to take this blog. I mean, I know I'm going to be blogging daily. But the big question is, about what? Most blogs I've read have a central theme on what they actually write about. From talking about their experiences in life, to the books they read, it's all got something connected. As for me, The Slightly Exaggerated Life of a Glamorous Liar doesn't have much of a plan or a theme: it's just words.
I'm just wondering on how much I should put into each individual entry. I'm not talking about length, but just about information. Since this blog is mainly about me, the Glamorous Liar, it'll be about stuff that I find important. The problem here being I don't know what I should share. With the 12 months left full of blogging, I'm just going to include everything. From my homework woes, to a list of my favorite movies, it'll be here.
I just hope you'll be here to read about it all.
Speaking of which, you. I don't know who 'you' are. Some people say they blog for themselves, and the people that do read their blogs, it's just a special sauce kind of deal. I don't know if I'm the same way. I like knowing I have someone reading this, so I know who I'm writing to. It might just be my personal preference, but it's how I roll. How are you, in the way of blogging for an audience? Or it might be in your case, no audience.
Whatever the case, I'll be back tomorrow. Audience or not, I've got a resolution to keep.
- Possum
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well, everything you write about is connected by you. For some, a blog is more of a personal journal sort of thing.
ReplyDeleteFrom your blog title - which is wonderful, by the way - I was kind of expecting ridiculous adventures that you can only half believe. The way that those movies "based on a true story" can generally be believed to the extent that once there was a boy who went to school.
But whatever you write about - in the beginning, I think it's better to write for yourself, and keep the idea of an "audience" as a bonus. (Though you have two readers - me & Karen Denise, in your followers bar.)