Saturday, January 9, 2010

National Geographic

Okay so I lied--there isn't any proper blog entry tonight. I mean in the sense of a topic that I've got an opinion on. As much as I do have opinions on things in life, I don't really have any incentive to share them with you as of the current moment.

But don't worry, it'll happen.

Beside me I have an old issue of National Geographic. It's dated January 2010 and it's odd to see such a current date on it. I mean, when I think of National Geographic, I think of old issues I use for school projects, or from what I find in my house somewhere. Interesting. I don't even really give much thought to National Geographic in general, beyond the fact I want a copy of their world maps for my bedroom wall. I used to have one, but it was so old, it had the Soviet Union on it. Nunavut didn't even exist yet--the name, that is.

But beyond the yellow border magazine, I've got beside me a postcard from Algoma U. It's a few days old I suspect, but it says the same message the last few postcards and letters have said: You'll Love It Here. Yes, I'm sure I would love it there. But the thing is I don't even think I'll get accepted into that school. As much as I would love to go there, I don't think I'll get in. But what the hell, I'm going to give it a try. And why not? The worst they can do is denying me from the three programs I'm applying to. What three programs? I don't even know. I'm just determined to try and go there.

Plus of course, my five backup colleges.

Lovely stuff, ain't it? So is Heroes. Only five more episodes and I'm done season one. I'm very much determined to be done tonight.

- Possum

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck in applying to Algoma U! Don't worry, though - whatever college you end up attending, you can and will enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete