Sunday, January 3, 2010

They all have something in common

There are shows on tv that are my absolute favorite. I mean, if I were to miss an episode, I'd be sad. It's actually come to the point that if I were to miss the story of some characters, It would actually have an effect on my emotions. Obsessed? Perhaps. But at the same time, there are some shows on tv that are lame. Not just lame with the storylines, but the characters are stupid. I'm not going to blog about those shows. I'm going to blog about characters on a show that I do like (usually). Here they are, as follows: (In no particular order, by the way.)

1. Michelle Tanner, Full House

Sure, she's the "cute" daughter for the majority of watchers, but I always found the other sisters more likeable. I don't find her cute, but more so annoying. Even when re-watching an episode this morning with my mom, she had to point out that Michelle is a "very annoying daughter". I couldn't agree more.

Even when she's older, she's still annoying. Oh how you don't woe my heart, Ashley and Mary Kate Olsen.

The moment I decided I didn't like Michelle was when she'd do stupid things to get a laugh. I know, I know, Full House is a sitcom, but that's not an excuse for a stupid character. Friends is a sitcom, and there are six likeable characters there.

2. Emma Nelson, Degrassi: The Next Generation


Not only do I hate the storylines involving Emma, but whenever there is a storyline on Emma, I feel like stabbing myself so I don't have to watch her anymore. A little dramatic sure, but it's the truth. I hate how she acts, I hate her morals, and I really hate how she looks. It's not that I'm jealous of her, but she just does such stupid stuff, I can't believe it's actually on tv.

I know I should be glad she's there, because she's pretty much the reason why it's "the next generation" but I'm not. I'd rather have no Emma time, than time with Emma on tv.

The moment I started to dislike Emma would be the very first episode of the show. I guess I find her problem of meeting strange guys on the internet alone in hotel rooms kind of lame.

3. Michael Mancini, Melrose Place


Sure, at first glance, Dr. Michael Mancini seems like the perfect husband/character, but beyond that little charade, lies a stupid man. First off, he cheats on his wife. Secondly, he has the nerve to lie about it! Even after he's found cheating, he promises it won't happen again, but it does. I blame Michael for my hatred for cheaters. Before I just had an opinion of them being lame, but after him, I couldn't stand anyone who dares cheat in a relationship.
While I like to stab myself with Emma, with Michael, when I was watching Melrose Place, I wanted to rip off my arm, so I could have something to throw at him. He ruined the show for me; I can't watch it.

Yes, there probably are more characters that make me angry, as I do like to watch tv, but at the moment, nothing else comes to mind. Perhaps through this year, there will be a second part. Knowing the shows on tv today (with their characters) this will turn out to be true.

So there you have it: The characters that make my blood boil. A little dramatic sure, but it is show biz.

- Possum

No comments:

Post a Comment