Hey! I got an assignment in my second period class on how to RELATE Harry Potter to the HUMAN BRAIN. While I got the definitions down, I have to get the HARRY POTTER thing. I have SOME, but not a lot! My hippocampus fails. So this is where I ask YOU to HELP ME! Aka... Dig into your brains for Harry Potter facts!
Here are the brain parts:
Left hemisphere: Thinks logically and solves problems in a step by step manner
--> Hermione Granger and how she THINKS of her actions.
Right hemisphere: Creativitiy, imagination and chaotic but effective organizational methods
--> How Ollivander can REMEMBER all the wands he made, and be able to LOCATE them all in his store!
Medulla oblongata: Base of the brainstem; Controls breathing and heartbeat
--> ?
Cerebellum: Helps coordinate voluntary movement and balance
--> Harry taking classes to learn how to fly a broom? ETC.
Thalamus: Relays information from the spinal cord to various parts of the brain, and back, acting like a switchboard
-->
Hypothalamus: Directs several maintenance activities (eating, drinking, body temp.)
--> The house elves making sure the food is on the table for meals and such.
Hippocampus: Responsible for learning and whats stored in memory:
--> Using the pensieve to put your memories, etc.
Amygdala: Controls emotion:
--> Harry being put into a RAGE about seeing Ginny with Dean!
Olfactory bulb: Sends information directly from the neurons from the nose to the temporal lobes, to identify smells
--> How Amortentia can give you the smells of the things you LOVE! (Hermione smelling grass, parchment and Ron, etc.)
Pituitary gland: Regulates growth
--> Harry going through puberty and realizing he has feelings for girls like Cho Chang!
Cerebral cortex: Responsible for receiving and processing information from the five senses
--> ?? MAYBE how the sorting hat and FIGURE OUT what house you belong in!?
Occipital lobe: VISION! - Responsible for making sense of the visual information taken in
-->
Temporal lobe: Hearing.. Processing sound
-- >
Parietal lobe: Sensory... Portion of the cerebral cortex lying at the top of the head and toward the rear.)
-->
Frontal lobe: Involved in speaking and muscle movements, and in making plans & judgments
-->
Corpus callosum: The nerves of the right and left brain hemispheres that are connected by THIS.
-->
Broca's area: Involved in language formation.
-->
Wernicke's area: Understand languages and how to speak it. ETC.
-->
!!!
How do each of the brain things RELATE to Harry Potter?
ETC! It'd be helpful for answers! I know, I'm using you for answers, but yeah!
THANK YOU!
- Possum
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I don't know if these suggestions are GOOD, but I will give them!
ReplyDeleteMedulla- Harry's heart when he thinks he must die. After seeing Snape's memories. Remember?
Or how out of breath those people must be after climbing ALL OF THOSE STAIRS.
Cerebellum: Neville's LACK of a good one in the beginning.
Thalamus: Pointless when petrified!
Also...sort of like the Imperius...controlling body, etc.
Occipital lobe: Harry's ADVANCED when spotting snitches and keys but faulty the rest of the time (glasses, ETC.)
Also, maybe Trelawny's visions
Temporal: Hmm...how the egg only makes sense underwater? I don't know.
Parietal: BROADEN YOUR SENSES! Explore your Inner Eye! Trelawny style!
Frontal: Some would say the planning portion of the Trio's brains weren't so great in the Ministry Fiasco of book 7.
Corpus collasum: The 3 houses are connected by their hatred of Slytherin! And the Trio is connected by The Troll Experience.
Broca's: Ron's apparently doesn't work because he is so tactless. He doesn't form his language well!
Wernicke's: Hermion and Ancient Runes! Or Dumbledore and Mermish and Gobblyduke (is that what Goblin language is called?). Or Crouch Sr. and all his languages.
Hoped this help! Sorry I wasn't on when you were!
I used all of these, so thank you, Leah! It's apperciated, really.
ReplyDelete