Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A little more depth...

A day in the life of me, in POINT FORM.

- Woke up, and a few seconds later, the garbage bins outside the residence were being DISPOSED of. Man, I have to say, that loud noise is just DE.LIGHT.FUL. (Although it wasn't that bad. EXCEPT, if I were to be sleeping when that happened, I'd be awoken with FEAR IN MA HEART. Just kidding.
- Went on the computer, and checked some stuff. Attempted to get on the student portal, but my password was wrong. (I changed it just before I left, and I couldn't even remember what it was. Fail.
- Had a shower and got ready for the day. I was going to wear an Our Lady Peace shirt, but changed to my comic book shirt. It was cool, because when I did, as I was walking to find something, Eugene, one of the people in residence, was all, "nice shirt!" and it was cool. I was all suave and said, "nice black shirt!' as I was passing by. I AM COOL.
- Went on the computer and just puttered around until 11:45. Went outside with my bathroom mate, and waited while she smoked. Went inside the school... Where the above mentioned point happened.
- I got my student id and that was fun. (except not.)
- Went to go find the gym. Found it. Went somewhere else to wait until 1. Went back into the gym. Had orientation. Listened to people talk and just feel awkward. A lot of people are bubbly. And I felt like sitting by people and going, "hey!" but I was sitting with some people from residence, and it was kind of like ... To date, the only people I "REALLY" hung out with were... *counts* five people. Except only one of them am I REALLY like, HEY with. And not even my REAL hey, just... hi. I think, I need to meet people with the same interests!
- Got separated from the pack, and went to my individual program. Except not, because they shoved all us general people TOGETHER. Which was sad, because the person I was like, "what's your name?" to (oh, I know. GREAT conversation starter), she wasn't even in my SPECIFIC program. FAIL. (but she did sit next to me at the orientation bit for our programs. She went to school in Thunder Bay!) BUT ANYWAY. (I added the above in, which was a tangent of epic proportions): As we were walking to said classroom, some guy beside me walking was all, "The weather was so nice before..." and I was like, "it was hot in the college". OH YES, stellar conversation! I never talked to him again.
- After that, I waited around, because I was going to ask the MAIN LADY a question, due to not being able to get on the student portal due to my password fail, but the girl talking to her was having the same problem. So I did some eavesdropping, and as she was leaving, I was like, "are you going to the IT place?" and she was all, "yes" and I was like, "I'm going to come with you". OH, I am just SO STRAIGHT TO THE POINT. Anyway, we talked as we were walking there, and she lives in the city, etc. etc. It was nice because she is actually IN MY PROGRAM. So, it's nice to see that I'll know someone in at least one of my classes. Yeap!
- Went to the IT place, where I got my password changed. And asked about the wifi. Not that helpful, but whatcha gonna do? The nice thing was, the girl waited for me while I was doing mine! She didn't just RUN OFF just because she was done! So I liked that. Some people seem to do that, and it's ... worthy.
- After we were done there, we walked down stairs, where we separated, and I went to the bookstore. I was meeting Alexis, my bathroom mate there, so I was just like dodododo in line. She came. I went in. I stood in line (a long one, I might add. There was a girl at the door, bouncer style, letting people in and out. Haha.). As I stood in line, someone from residence was there, as he still needed to get some stuff. And we talked for a moment, before a lady came up and was all, "any assistance?" And because I ordered my stuff online, she let me stand in the middle of the store (not as lonely as it sounds), so I didn't have to stand in line. She just collected my stuff from the shelf by the cash machine, and gave it to me. Oh the coolness of ordering online. The only sucky thing about that was, I wasn't able to talk to the guy from residence for a longer while.
- After that, Alexis decided she'd check out where her classes were, so I went with her, while carrying my books, and my arms were like ! They were in a box, so it wasn't THAT BAD, but it wasn't heaven, either. Alexis held it for me for awhile, too. After that, we went back to residence (getting lost, I might add), and .. I waited for her to smoke, and the guy from above, Vincent (his name) invited us to the common room to watch him play VIDEO GAMES! (With other people. Yeah.) So we went there after dropping the books off at my room and such. That was cool. I met another girl, and we talked while the game was on. Alexis left. I stayed. And then a girl who I'm hanging out with, asked if I wanted to come to dinner. So I said yes. And so we went to my room to get my bag, and then to her room so she could change. And then we went to these guys rooms to get them. I met someone named MICHAEL! I was like, cool! Although it was KIND OF AWKWARD for a moment, because Alex (the girl who got me), went to another guys room (through the bathroom) and I was just standing in the FIRST GUYS ROOM. And then I guess his roommate came in, and I was like ... Because he didn't know me! AND I WAS JUST STANDING THERE. So I was like, "hm... I'm waiting for Alex" and so we introduced ourselves. AGAIN, hand shaking! Yeah. So he went to change for dinner, and Michael was drinking a juice box, and Alex was all, "waste of money!!" and I was all, "I like juice boxes! THEY'RE INTERESTING!" and yeah.. Lame moment there. But so we went downstairs, where Alex realized she didn't have her lighter, and I didn't have Alexis. So I had to go to her room to get her, and so we went back downstairs. And walked to the cafe. I got chicken fried rice and an egg roll. And juice. It was okay. Although I don't think I'd order it again, per say. Some dinner stuff happened, and then we left the cafe.
- Alex and Alexis went to smoke, and I just stood with them. And then after that, we went through the school back to residence, and they smoked again. We went inside, where we checked the common room, but didn't see Vincent or anyone we actually KNEW. SO we went to his room (plus I wanted to ask if Eugene was coming on the bus tour) and saw Jessica was there, so we hung out for awhile. And after that, there was the back outside thing, where I went back to my room. And then I went to Alexis' room, to wait for the bus tour. And so I did. And then we left for the bus tour.
- I was going to buy my ticket, but the girl was nice enough to give it to me for FREE. Yeah! So we went on the bus, and I (actually) talked. But only for awhile. I didn't actually talk ON the bus, because a LOT of people were on it. And they weren't of the quiet variety (for the most part). But whenever we stopped, I did talk to the people around me. Yeah. I'm getting a bit better! Cheers for me.
- We stopped at a water thing. I asked a girl about what her mom was talking about the day before, and then went back on the bus. We went to a mall, where Alex, Alexis and I went to Tim Hortons in the food court. I got an iced cap. It was good. At the third (and last) stop, we went to the marina. I talked to Eugene about Winnipeg, and it was nice.
- We got back on the bus, and I was able to observe college LIFE. I also saw Algoma, my other option, and... Wow. NICE CAMPUS. Any regrets for choosing college instead? I don't know yet. We will see tomorrow.
- After that, we came back to the college, where I went inside, and moved my room around with my roommate. Now instead of one big OPEN space, we have separate little areas. It's pretty cool. I like it. It took awhile to actually get done, because we couldn't actually figure out how to do it. BUT we did it. And it worked out nice!
- And we talked. We went over the roommate contract, and did all that stuff. We discussed things, and it was nice. While I don't think Megan and I will be awesome friends, I think we'll be okay roommates. And that's nice. It works for me. I mean, I don't want to get sick of her or anything. And that could happen, if we were to hang out a lot or something. She's nice, though.
- I printed off my time table. Tomorrow I have three classes. Between my second and third one, I can come back here and eat lunch, and drop off my textbooks and binders. BOOYEAH.
- I had my shower. And now here I am, typing up my blog. I think I'll watch a video or two, and go to sleep.

- Possum

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I am SERIOUSLY IMPRESSED by how many people you met and talked to today! I KNOW I wouldn't have met NEARLY that many people if I'd been on my own last year. I met quite a few just because of Basmah, but if it would've been just me, I would've been all, "..." By the way, whenever I see that ... I make a little du du du noise in my head. It's amusing.

    I am very proud of you! JUST SAYING.

    I hope your classes are AWESOME tomorrow! I will be in class, too! Which is...you know, exciting? Yeah, ok.

    ReplyDelete