Today was another hot day... And it was gross. Unfortunately we don't have air conditioning, so it's not very cool. (No pun intended.) Question: In residence, do they have individual heaters for each room? I know, such a switch from hot and cold, but I am curious. Because I REALLY love warm rooms in the winter.
And in the summer, I like cold rooms.
Oh, how I am never pleased with the weather.
Except back to the air conditioning situation, we do have a lot of fans! We probably waste a lot more power with fans, but my dad is like "no" to air conditoning, while my mom is "yes". They're at different ends of the spectrum!
OBVIOUSLY.
I don't know. I personally sleep with a fan at night, even in the dead of winter. I just like NEW AIR being on my face. Plus it's nice. I imagine this is a habit I am going to have with me for the rest of my life. BECAUSE as of now, I've been sleeping with a fan since I was in grade six! I was just learning about puberty when I first started sleeping with a fan!
TIME FLYS!
And it's incredibly awkward when I'm in a hotel room, or sleeping at someones house, when I don't have a fan. It just makes my sleep awkward! Plus the sound of a fan is comforting to me. It means CALM!
Although this weekend, when I was having it blow STRAIGHT MY FACE, it was incredibly blah. Mostly because I was sick, and I wasn't feeling that good in general. But with cold SICK wise, I am doing rather well. I have some problems with my nose, but overall it's good! I didn't even get another bleeding nose today. *knocks on wood* EXCELLENT.
GROSS ALERT! IT was so hot at co-op today, with my STUPID vest, that I was tempted to just cut off ALL MY HAIR! Because it's not long enough for a ponytail (my hair, I mean), but it's long enough to stick against my neck. AND CREATE GROSS TIMES. You can imagine a pool/shower felt like the shiz.
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to experience either.
I was able to have an iced tea thing from Starbucks though! Passion somethingsomething? I don't know. My sister bought it for me, but I kind of SUCKED IT BACK. And just chewed on the ice. Quite good, I gotta say. That's when I just watched some nerimon videos with him reading Twilight. I actually burst out laughing a lot. IN STARBUCKS.
Nothing stops me!
That's for sure.
Anyway, when my mom came to pick me up, she told me Cosine was still at home, and I got quite excited. It's exciting! Because throughout the day, I was quite upset.
Upset, obviously.
AND! I found out I am getting a thousand dollars for school next year! It's making for a cheap ride for school, isn't it? *knocks on wood* I'm not sure if it's FINAL yet, but my mom signed me up for something this weekend. And I was like "thanks!" I guess it pays when your mom goes away on weekends. (Pun intended.)
My mom by the way, just goes back to her childhood home. She usually drags along my brother. She hasn't took me for years now. I don't feel sad, because while I used to LOVE going to my grandpa's house when I was younger during the summer, it's not that desirable now.
Truth!
Also! I got my test back, in business. It embarrasses me to look over my long answer, as I usually write things i would NEVER SAY. Let alone on a test! Anyway, I got 91% on the test. I'm going to admit: I am disappointed. Because when we were taking up the test, I REALIZED I MADE A MISTAKE THAT I WANTED TO SLAP MYSELF FOR!
IT WAS A MISTAKE THAT I WOULD HAVE CAUGHT IF I READ OVER MY TEST! But I didn't! Because I was so glad to just be done with it, I just handed it in.
SAD!
But I did get the 10 full marks on the long answer! So that's nice. I was sucking on them for the last few tests. It's nice to know I stepped up my game again.
TRUTH RUTH!
Well, enough rambling!
- Possum
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No air conditioner?! That sucks! I lived that yesterday, and it was no fun! And we actually HAD air conditioner downstairs. It was just the upstairs air conditioner that was being lame. Stay cool this summer, Julia! Hah...that pun always makes me laugh.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad Cosine is still at home and such! I hope she'll start being good and getting along with everyone! Maybe you should sit her down and EXPLAIN the SITUATION. haha
I'm sorry your mark was not as high as you would have liked on the business exam! BUT it's cool that you got the full credit for the long answer! You should type the thing up here. AND a 91 is QUITE GOOD. Just saying. Be proud, Julia! Raise your hands in victory! (Hah...I hope you actually did that when you read it.)
I would be interested to learn more about your family. I feel like I've told you SO MUCH about mine, but I don't know much about yours. BUT family's are personal sometimes, so I get it if you don't want to share. I'm just nosy when it comes to Julia Facts!
I'm really excited for you about the extra money for next year! Things are falling into place for you, Julia! It's awesome! =)
Ooooh. I forgot about the heater question until that comment was posting. In my dorms, they had individual heater/air conditioning units in the rooms. I think it was like that in all the dorms on campus. HOWEVER, they could only do heat OR air. As in, we came to school, and we could turn on the air conditioner. And then it started to get cold, but there were still some warm days mixed in. And we could STILL only do air. But then it started getting consistently cold, and they changed it so that we could only do HEAT and no air. Etc. It made for some uncomfortable weeks at the start of winter, but it wasn't TERRIBLE. And I don't know if it's like that at every college. It had something to do with us getting our power from a steam plant, I think. I don't know.
ReplyDelete