I'm making a cake right now. It's currently in the oven, turning into some MOIST, SOLID goodness. It was just from the box, so it's not like, hours of effort. I'm pretty positive I mixed the entire thing and put it in the oven in less than ten minutes. Yeah, I am a smooth winner of epic proportions.
I also have to help my brother make cookies, as he's got a bake sale or something at school tomorrow. I say that I am a nice sister for doing that. Although my brother has a real talent for making GOOD cookies; Unburned, chocolately goodness in your mouth. I cannot do that.
I made cookies over the weekend, oatmeal coconut chocolate chip cookies, and while they weren't BURNED, they weren't picturesque. Plus the fact that I had some still in the oven when I went to make something in the oven didn't BODE well for the last batch. They didn't burn, but they did turn even more brown on the top. EPIC!
They're okay though... Cruncy more so than chewy.
Today I bought The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis at co-op. I actually just used my credit, so no money actually went into the exchange. It was nice. I was also going to buy Fahrenheit 451, but the copy I was hiding in some other section was NOT BEING NOTICEABLE! I guess I DID hide it well! And when I say HIDE IT, I just meant putting it somewhere where I could grab it later...
Man, I am a horrible person. But that copy of the book was three dollars cheaper than the other one! So why pay more? EXACTLY. I was just being savvy. Except y'know, ultimately failed. I'm going to have to keep on creepin', to see if I spot it. The same thing happened with The Catcher in the Rye. I'm always disappointing myself.
*sad face*
Today I got to listen to a hockey player TALK about GOALS. IT WAS SO BORING! All I did was go ... the entire time, and want to leave. Except I stayed! And when it was over, I went back to my class. As did two other students. I got to leave early though, and walk to the bus. It was nice, without the rushing! Except I WAS rushing, because my friend was ahead of me, so I was trying to catch up to her. I did! That was nice.
Except her best friend is dating the guy she likes, and it's causing some drama in her life. DRAMA SUCKS. AS do lame friends! DOWN WITH LAME FRIENDS, I DECLARE!!!1
TRUTH!
Well, I gotta go deal with that cake now. I hope it didn't burn too much!
- Possum
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Haha...I hate it when I hide something from other people...and then it turns out that I've hidden it from myself as well! I can send you a copy of Farhenheit 451 if you'd like. I'm pretty sure I MIGHT have two copies. Maybe. Unless Alicia stole one of them, which is a possibility. BUT I can still send you one!
ReplyDeleteYou bake a lot! It's IMPRESSIVE, as I am not such a whiz in the kitchen.