Saturday, July 10, 2010

I complain.

I am too slow.

While I wasn't called on for my lack of good bed making skillz this time, I was called on for my SLOW actions. And I was working as hard as I could, already! The ten rooms I got? I only did like, seven of them. Another worker did two of my rooms, while another room was a DO NOT DISTURB! I was glad that thing was on the door! (Haha, I tried to finish my last room quickly so it didn't change by the time I did my final room check.!)

I didn't even take my breaks OR my lunch hour! Or half hour, in this case. So at least I get paid for that... Horrible.

Plus in one of my final rooms, it wasn't even clean when new people went in there! So I had to MAKE THEIR BEDS and do their bathroom WHILE they were in there! And they were smoking! Plus the lady was all, "are you going to change the blankets?" and I was all, "they're not dirty..." BUT! She made me CHANGE them: Thankfully when I was leaving the room with the SUPABIG pile, one of my co-workers was collecting my used linens, so she was able to take them off my hands.

Speaking of that co-worker, she's quite nice! Whenever she was collecting the linens, she'd ask how it's going... I'd tell her I'm too slow for this kind of work, and she'd tell me to not be too hard on myself: It took her a MONTH to get into the swing of things. Which is like, whoah, but it's nice! I like her.

Sigh. But whatever the case, I feel I'm going to get FIRED for my SLOW actions. Scandalous! Yeah, so it's like an hour plus a room... And it should be HALF an HOUR. I'm too slow, mon ami! TOO SLOW.

Plus my feet have blisters and they hurt hurt hurt. It's sad.

IN OTHER NEWS, nothing too much in my life. I wore an Our Lady Peace shirt after work. Yeah... Exciting there.

As for my recommendation, I recommend hanging out with your pets. They're awesome!

- Possum.

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry. Just do the best that you can. Everyone's slow at a job in the beginning. You'll get it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I doubt that you'll get FIRED for it. I'm sure everyone is slow when they start...like that nice coworker said SHE was! I'm glad that she's nice. YES.

    And get some different shoes that don't give you blisters!!!! If you show your mom your wounds, I bet she'll buy you some new ones. haha

    ReplyDelete